The team at Brooks Hotel understands the role we play ensuring we reduce our environmental impact. We are passionate about being environmentally responsible and are adapting our operations to encourage a more environmentally sustainable business.
The Team at Brooks Hotel are committed to the following objectives;
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation
- To produce an annual Environmental Plan setting out our Objectives, Targets and planned Actions
- To comply fully with all relevant legislation
- To minimise our waste and reduce our water consumption where possible
- To reduce, Reuse, Recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical
- To invite our customers, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect the environment
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives
- To openly communicate our policies and practices to interested parties
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets”
- Switch Off Policy – Encourage staff to turn lights completely when not in use.
Major Targets & Objectives
We aim in 2016, to receive the Eco Label Award from Green Hospitality to further our Environmental Awareness.
To reduce our Energy consumption by 5% in 2016 over 2015.
To reduce consumption of Mains Water by 5% in 2016 over 2015 by introducing aerated Shower heads and monitoring our water output to reduce unnecessary waste.
To reduce the waste we send to landfill by 5 Tonnes during 2016 and to reduce our food waste by 5%
To increase our recycling rate from 81.5% to 90%
To engage with our suppliers to reduce packaging
To increase purchases of locally sourced foodstuffs and feature food sourced from local suppliers on the menu daily
Community Social Responsibility
To undertake Beach Cleaning activities and Tree Planting.
To communicate monthly our performance & achievements through the hotel website
To Support Local Charities